Outlook for Mac Using Wrong Name on Replies

Outlook2011macWe have a client who manages multiple accounts for different identities under one Outlook instance.  He was running into an issue where Identity 1’s name was showing up in replies sent from Identity 2. So, he’d click reply on something sent to Identity 2, Identity 2 was selected in the accounts selector at the top of the message, but in the body of the message was:

————————-
ORIGINAL MESSAGE

FROM:  Sender <sender@example.com>
TO: IDENTITY 1 <identity2@hisdomain.com>

etc…

It was a simple fix once we found it (and we looked everywhere, since Identity 1 is the name the Mac was registered to, we didn’t know where it was grabbing the name from).

There was a contact card in Outlook that had Identity 2’s email address associated with Identity 1’s name; so Outlook “resolved” the name incorrectly – instead of taking it from the account properties, like we assume it should have; it took it from the contact card.

Once we deleted the Identity 2 address from the Identity 1 contact, all was right in the world, and our replies went back to looking like:

————————-
ORIGINAL MESSAGE

FROM:  Sender <sender@example.com>
TO: IDENTITY 2 <identity2@hisdomain.com>

etc…

 

 

2 thoughts on “Outlook for Mac Using Wrong Name on Replies”

Comments are closed.